The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB) is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving most of the Eastern and Southern Africa states and corporations. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable trade, projects and infrastructure finance activities in member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates from TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position:
REGIONAL COVERAGE PRINCIPAL (LUSOPHONE COUNTRIES)
Reporting to the Coverage Executive (Franco-Lusophone Africa region), the Regional Coverage Principal (Lusophone Countries) provides overall leadership and planning of activities and initiatives to a designated region designed to achieve long term business growth and profitability.
Additionally, the role holder undertakes business development to originate transactions and build a pipeline of trade finance and project finance deals in the region, develops staff capability, and enables the achievement of increased market acceptance and penetration by fostering improved relationships with various stakeholders.
The role is based in Nairobi or Mauritius or Mozambique with primary business development and coverage responsibilities in Mozambique and Angola. Being fluent in Portuguese language is mandatory.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead business development, taking responsibility for setting the regional and country strategy across sectors, products and initiatives.
- Develop a coverage business plan for TDB’s product offerings in partnership with Product House Leads as well as other TDB Regional Heads to ensure the Bank’s strategic objectives are met.
- Drive profitable sales for the entire Bank’s service offerings within their assigned region in close collaboration with the Product House teams by ensuring all key leads are followed up with the right support from the Product House teams to appropriately structure and close deals.
- Contribute to the diversification of the Bank’s portfolio as relates to products and regional presence by developing and implementing strategies to penetrate new markets and clients through extensive market intelligence to inform tailor made solutions in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives and risk appetite.
- Provide effective leadership, mentorship, coaching and by example, live the bank’s core values and inculcate these among staff under one’s management.
- Maintain and further enhance the portfolio quality for their assigned region by ensuring that all risk management processes are complied with throughout the life cycle of transactions in their portfolio.
- Lead the development of their assigned region’s continuous improvement initiatives by maintaining an up to date database of key research and lessons learned from experience in the region and disseminate lessons of experience to relevant departments for improved performance and profitability in future.
- Foster strong relationships with TDB’s target strategic counterparts within the assigned region to identify collaboration opportunities and implement strategic partnership priorities for client service and business delivery.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Civil Engineering or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage;
- A minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience at managerial level in a corporate banking or DFI environment;
- The candidate should have a genuine interest in development finance and capital market development, particularly in the African context;
- Proven track record in business development, business management financial analysis, and client engagement with extensive leadership experience in negotiating commercial transactions in the areas of trade, corporate and projects;
- Excellent understanding of Trade and Development Finance products and their drivers;
- Ability to develop networks and alliances to establish mutually beneficial relationships with co-financing and other partners;
- Solid track-record in developing and nurturing talent and managing diverse teams to drive engagement and performance;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve measurable results in a multi-cultural environment and engage with stakeholders on commercial and financial matters across countries;
- Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, lead multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships;
- Must be detail oriented yet flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications
- Fluency in English and Portuguese and/or working knowledge of French as added advantage.
How to apply:
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photo, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees. Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to email@example.com by 17th August 2018.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.