The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB) is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving most of the Eastern and Southern Africa states and corporations. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable trade, projects and infrastructure finance activities in member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates from TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position:
SENIOR PROJECT & INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE OFFICER
The Senior Project and Infrastructure Finance Officer is responsible for identifying, appraising, negotiating and monitoring the Bank’s investments – debt, mezzanine, equity and other instruments in accordance with approved PTA Bank operational guidelines and business strategy.
The position holder will be required to have strong client relationship skills and play multiple roles across the transaction cycle, including origination, negotiation, project development, technical transaction advisory, and project execution.
The Senior Project and Infrastructure Finance Officer performs the following duties:
- Source viable transactions through business development activities to on board new clients and cross selling to existing clients in order to generate income for the bank.
- Identify prospective clients (projects, companies, etc.) through cold calling, networking, banks, equity firms, advisory and consultancy firms or referrals with the purpose of equity raising.
- Undertake business development missions to discuss financing needs and potential partnerships (i.e. financing, Syndication/co-financing).
- Structure financing solution for the Bank to ensure viability of the transaction and win-win solutions for the Bank and the client
- Facilitate the legal documentation process with the aim to achieve financial close and disbursement of the facility.
- Review draft facility agreement and related security documents to ensure that the Bank is adequately protected.
- Schedule calls to discuss project information in preparation for NDF to be submitted to the Bank management to obtain in-principle clearance.
- Coordinate the signing of the facility agreement and related security documents as well as the CPs fulfillment through follow ups with clients, counsels and legal officers.
- Coordinate CP checklist sign off with the compliance department and the issuance of the COE to client.
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Civil Engineering or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage;
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience and proven track record in project and/or corporate finance with a competitive and reputable financial institution with experience in syndication desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial instruments (debt, equity, mezzanine etc), risk management concepts and their applications;
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and structuring skills;
- Proven organizational, problem solving and decision–making skills with the ability to build partnerships, lead multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships;
- Must be detail oriented yet flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications;
- Fluency in English with working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese as added advantages
How to apply:
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photo, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees. Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to by 17th August 2018.
Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.