Vacancy – Head, Trade Finance at Trade & Development Bank
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank, previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB), is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving public and private sector clients in most of the Eastern and Southern African states. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium, and long-term financing to viable trade, projects, and infrastructure transactions in its member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results-oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world-class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position.
Reporting to the Executive Lending Operations, the Head Trade Finance is responsible for business development, growing revenue and profitability, and ensuring a healthy loan book for the Bank’s convention and structured trade finance products.
The position holder works closely with other departments to prioritize business origination activities and targets to ensure the Bank meets its financial objectives including revenue growth with responsibilities for business development, due diligence, credit review, and monitoring, oversight, and reporting. The incumbent provides leadership, mentorship and coaching to the team under their management.
The Head, Trade Finance performs the following duties:
- Support business origination plans in collaboration with Coverage to outline and prioritize business origination activities and targets to ensure the Bank meets its financial objectives including revenue growth.
- Prepare periodic reports to the Board to provide feedback on the performance of the trade finance department.
- Conduct credit appraisals as a measure to enhance the health of the portfolio of the Bank through regular review of loan submissions.
- Monitor and review credit status to ensure a healthy loan book through monitoring of key accounts.
- Collaborate the review of the loan book and support Trade Finance Middle Office.
- Manage the performance of direct report staff in line with set key deliverables and targets to ensure the achievements of the department’s and overall Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Provide effective leadership, mentorship, coaching and by example, live the bank’s core values and inculcate these among staff under one’s management.
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as an added advantage;
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial / Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products, with at least five years in a managerial role;
- Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank’s operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards;
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills;
- Demonstrable regional experience (preferably in Sub-Sahara) with private, government and sovereign-owned enterprises with extensive networks;
- A results-oriented individual with excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Proven organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, deliver results and manage client relationships;Solid track-record in developing and nurturing talent and managing diverse teams to drive engagement and performance;
- Fluency in English is a requirement and fluency in the working language of TDB (French or Portuguese) will be an added advantage.
How do I apply?
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 30th June 2020 through TDB’s Career Website .
Applications should include a resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address, and the names and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.