Job Opportunity: Principal/Director at BluePeak Private Capital
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
BluePeak Private Capital is an alternative asset management firm with offices in London and Tunis. Launched in 2019, the firm was founded to raise and manage funds that will fill a financing gap and focus exclusively on the provision of bespoke financing solutions for businesses across Africa and the Levant region.
BluePeak Private Capital is seeking to recruit a Principal/Director to be part of its private credit business based in Nairobi, Kenya. The position will assist the team in carrying out its investment strategy and will involve both the sourcing and execution of credit and mezzanine deals in Sub-Saharan Africa with a particular focus on East Africa. The job will entail travel within Africa, particularly the East Africa region.
Role & Responsibilities
Responsible for deal sourcing, initial screening, and the execution of new transactions in BluePeak’s target region.
● Build and maintain strong relationships with advisors, intermediaries, private equity sponsors, to generate deal flow and maintain collaborative working relationships with other private businesses and banking partners in the countries of focus
● Participate in deal teams to progress and execute several deals simultaneously
● Manage junior investment professionals on transactions
New Business Development
● Assist in marketing activities, taking a proactive approach to developing new contacts and transaction leads
● Research target companies and industries to develop a pipeline of deals
● Taking the lead in the preparation of proposals for new investments
● Support the approval process including drafting of prescreen memoranda and other internal approvals
● Participate in and lead the due diligence and preparation phases of the mandate which would include financial, technical, legal/regulatory and commercial assessment of transactions
● Participate in the structuring and negotiating of deals
● Participate in the drafting and preparation of term sheets and other legal documentation
● Oversee and provide guidance to team members in the production of financial models and other project components;
The candidate will have the following profile:
● 6+ years experience in credit or private equity-driven transactions in Africa, including experience in East Africa
● Good understanding of economic trends globally and in particular in the East Africa region
● Experience in managing multiple transactions
● Extensive relationships in the East Africa region is a plus
● Good determination, drive, energy, and persistence
● Good team player and able to prioritize tasks
● Ability to understanding complex transaction structures/dynamics
● Excellent communication skills both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly
● Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, design and implement projects and to close deals
● Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships
● Strong sense of service to clients, openness to feedback and to new ideas
● Ability to work through teams, deliver high-quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives
● Motivated and enthusiastic about the opportunities and challenges of sourcing and executing new deals in a fast-moving environment
● Advanced fluency in English (required) and second language is a plus
An attractive package with long term incentives is being offered
The position will be filled upon BluePeak Private Capital achieving an initial closing of its fund (expected in Q4 2020).
How do I apply?
Email your resume to email@example.com