The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank previously known as the PTA Bank and now rebranded and trading as Trade Development Bank (TDB) is a specialized African multilateral financial institution serving most of the Eastern and Southern Africa states and corporations. TDB’s objective is to provide short, medium and long-term financing to viable trade, projects and infrastructure finance activities in member states.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates from TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position:
TRADE FINANCE OFFICER
Job Summary: The Trade Finance Officer is responsible for identification of trade finance proposals, credit evaluation, risk management and mitigation, recommendation on structuring of appropriate facilities in adherence to institutional risk/ return requirements; monitoring the performance of portfolio and marketing the Bank’s conventional/ structured trade finance products.
Job Specifications: The Trade Finance Officer performs the following duties:
• Identify and structure suitable transactions/clients and identify suitable counter-parties (collateral managers, trade finance insurers etc.) and financing partners/agent banks in case of syndication / co-financing;
• Actively support the Trade Finance Officers and Analysts with respect to financial analysis and due diligence on all transactions to ensure quality control;
• Prepare and analyse credit proposals for trade/ structured trade finance facilities for funding by the Bank;
• Establish and maintain strategic relations with clients at senior management level of the Bank’s existing and prospective partners and stakeholders;
• Produce periodic technical and financial progress reports on trade finance facilities under their supervision;
• Seek new business opportunities in the region to ensure a good pipeline of transactions.
• Undertake product development and marketing initiatives and develop client base using contacts, experience and relationship to pursue trade finance opportunities;
• Prepare board papers, ALCO reports, and partake as a member of committees/taskforce.
• A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, or Economics with relevant professional qualifications as added advantage;
• A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience and proven track record in a Commercial / Development Banking or Financial institution environment with sound knowledge of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products;
• Robust knowledge of the regulatory environment in the Bank’s operating region as it relates to Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Products with excellent knowledge of professional and industry standards;
• Strong accounting and financial analysis skills;
• Results oriented individual with excellent written and communication skills with proven ability to rapidly produce quality reports and ability to work in a multicultural setting;
• Proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships; • Proficiency in the use of computer programs including MS Office applications;
• Fluency in English with working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese as added advantage.
How to apply:
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photos, full contact details and the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates must have a good knowledge of TDB’s operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interviews. Interested candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th January 2019.
TDB actively encourages diversity in our workplace and supports an inclusive work environment. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.